Monday, August 25, 2014

8/20

We started building our top bar hives today. We cut the woods from the lumberyard into the right sizes and nailed the parts together to build the trough part of the hive. We still have to finish building the roof. We also caught a swarm that Joshua spotted. We added a couple of brood combs to prevent the bees from leaving the hive. In the afternoon, I made cane juice with Melchizedek by squeezing the sugar canes that are growing in the yard with a cane juicer that Kwao had finished making. I was taken aback by its sweet taste when I first had cane juice, since it looks exactly like green tea and I had drank it expecting to taste the bitterness of the tea.  However, I have come to like the taste of the Carribean drink. I think it's a perfect drink to fight the hot weather here.











No comments:

Post a Comment