Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8/12

I woke up to the sound of waves crashing ashore nearby, which made me realize that I was really in Jamaica. I had expected to have trouble sleeping from jetlag, but as soon as I had gotten into bed lastnight, I completely blacked out and did not wake up even once throughout the night. Because I had only arrived yesterday, Agape did not expect much from me today. Thus it was a pretty easy day. After eating breakfast, jetlag hit me so I took a nap in the hammocks until noon. After eating, I had to go to Anotto Bay to get a cell phone for myself so that I can call my family anytime. Then Emma and I visited Strawberry Field, which is right next to our farm, to get access to wifi so that we can start our blogs. I am slowly starting to adapt to the Jamaican slow rythem of lifestyle. It is so quiet and peaceful here and it feels really nice to get away from the rushed lifestyle that I live in back at home. Jamaica is a perfect place to take a moment to stop and relfect on myself and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment