Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8/11

After arriving at Kingston's Norman Manley airport, I got picked up by Kwao and Emanuel. It was already dark outside and the 90 min. car ride to the farm felt like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.  We were going pretty fast up and down the narrow roads in the mountains, dodging cars and huge holes in the road. With the windows down and the chaotic noise of countless cars honking at us, it felt exactly like the ride. However, even with the thrill of the ride, I was half asleep in the car as I was tired from the long hours of plane flight. Travelling to Jamaica  from Japan had probably taken at least one whole day with four transfers inbetweeen, and had completely drained my energy out. After arriving at the farm, I was greeted by the rest of the Adams family and two other interns Emma and Hannah; Emma is from California and Hannah is from New York. I will be sharing rooms with them during the internship. While I ate dinner, I was attacked by mosquitoes and I deeply regretted the fact that I started taking the goldenseal capsules only three days before leaving for Jamaica instead of a week before; my blood is probably not bitter enough to ward off the bloodsuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment